Sunday, September 28, 2008

Make Money Online - HardDrive Crashes

In a previous post I described the need to back up files and suggested the use of an external harddrive.

Well it finally happened to me after 7 years, I had my first harddrive crash to the point of no return.

Fortunately I had been following my own advise and everything was backed up - here is the history of events.

I did a shadow copy of my IBM computer, with Acronis in 2007 to:
"Western Digital WDG1C5000N My Book Premium 500GB FireWire USB External Harddrive"

Then did a daily backup to the above USB drive. I could have booted and run my computer from the USB when my hard drive crashed. However I did not want to operate from my only backup.

Once I installed the new hard drive to my IBM, all I had to do was run the Acronis software and do a shadow copy back to my computer. Voila! I had my computer back the way it was before I lost my hard drive.

As far as I know here is where you will get the best deal if you want to purchase an external hard drive:
https://www.one-stop-shop-online.org/Music.htm

I also saved around AUD$200 by installing the harddrive and reloading my data myself.

All the instructions for updating - building - recovering from a computer crash - are clearly described in the MyScribeWeb.com membership site, with clear pictures for every step.

Cheers,

Kitty.

No comments: